View Single Post
daycare 08:50 PM 10-14-2016
I am in CA. I STAY ON TOP OF MINE BY CREATING an excel spreadsheet and I will know 30 days prior that a child needs immunizations.

DO NOT FALL BEHIND. I HEAR THEY ARE fining people left and right

First thing I would do is update your policies that reflect the following

Under the new immunization laws, There is a ZERO grace period for immunization updates. Your child MAY not attend care if their immunizations are not up to date. It is the responsibility of the parent to keep your child current on all vaccinations and return all required documents to the provider By the compliance date.

If for some reson your child is not able to receive immunizations at the time they are to be administered, a doctors note with new schedule of dates must be submitted in place of an update.

If your child is not current, all services will be suspend and full payment will be required. You will have 5 days to fix the issue, and if it's not resolved, you contract will be terminated immediately.

One thing you should know. In CA if the child is in attendance or not, if their records are not current you will still be fined. So let the child attend and give them 24-48 hours to get that doctors note.

Show the parent the new law and let them
Know it's out of your hands. You have no choice to enforce the LAW.

I have had some really hard times with this since the law changed. Parents don't seem to get how serious it is. CA is not treading lightly with this.

I hope this helps some.
Good luck.