View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 02:45 PM 10-18-2016
Originally Posted by daycare:
when talking to the head LIC today, they said legally we can not require reason why the child is on delayed vax schedule, we can only require the new vax schedule on doctors letter head and now must follow that new schedule.

this family I am positing about does have a letter of delayed vax and they did not comply with the new dates.......
I see what they're saying BUT we can ask whether the delayed schedule is because of medical reasons or not but we can't ask specifically what the medical issue is ... and actually if you want to get technical we can ask, they just don't have to tell us.

In any case if your DCF isn't current on their vaccines you can't let them into daycare otherwise you're in violation of state law. It's their choice to let it lapse or not get a DR's note so don't let that family put you in the position where you can be cited. The only way to get them to comply is an ultimatum ... they either
a) get their child vaccinated ASAP in order to attend daycare
b) get the note from their DR that specifically says the childs name, that they are on a delayed schedule, what the schedule is and that they FOLLOW IT or
c) you prevent them from attending daycare until they either provide one of the two above options or you terminate.

I know, this vaccine thing is whacked. Here's what I prepared in advance just in case anybody wanted an exemption to the vaccines.

Originally Posted by :
Dear parent/guardian,
Beginning July 1st 2016 CA State regulations require that all children be immunized and up to date on their vaccines in order to attend licensed daycare in either a family child care home or daycare center setting. You have indicated that you are interested in obtaining an exemption or to be put on a delayed schedule for your child. Below you will find information about how you can do that.

Personal or Religious Belief Exemption
Exemptions for personal or religious beliefs are currently not allowed by the state of California.

Physical Condition or Medical Circumstances Exemption
To exempt your child from immunizations due to a physical condition or medical circumstance you must provide me with a legible official letter from your child’s licensed physician (M.D. or D.O.) on their letterhead which states all of the following:
• The child’s name
• That the physical condition or medical circumstances of the child are such that the required immunization(s) is not indicated.
• Which vaccines are being exempted or delayed (listed by name)
• Whether the medical exemption is permanent or temporary.
• The expiration date, if the exemption is temporary

Only a licensed Medical Doctor (MD) or Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine (DO) may provide a medical exemption. Nurse Practitioners, Physicians Assistants, Naturopathic Doctors, School Nurses etc. may not provide medical exemptions.

This letter of exemption is required in order to be enrolled in my daycare and before a child can attend.

Does Having This Exemption Affect You and Your Child While at My Daycare?
If your child is not fully immunized and there is good cause to believe that any child has been exposed to a communicable disease listed in Health & Safety Code Section 120325 your child will be excluded from my daycare until the local public health department decides that your child is no longer at risk of developing the disease and a doctor’s note will be required for re-admittance confirming that your child is not a risk to the other children in my care including infants.

As a reminder my contract agreement states that my rates are charged on a weekly basis that is based on enrollment, not attendance, and therefore weekly payment of tuition will still be due even if your child cannot attend my daycare due to having to be excluded during a possible outbreak of any of the required immunizations listed in Health & Safety Code Section 120325.

If your child should need to be excluded from care and you decide that you would like to terminate your contract during this time you must still adhere to the required termination procedure which includes a minimum of two-weeks’ notice of termination. Payment for the final two-weeks period is still due even if your child does not attend during the final two weeks and your two-week security fee will be used to cover payment for these final two weeks.