View Single Post
Annalee 10:07 AM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by CityGarden:
Daycare I keep reading this thread but don't truly have anything to offer more than a virtual (((hug))).

If I recall correct you have moved 2-3 time with the daycare. It seems moving with a daycare can be challenging and costly since the two properties have to overlap (in terms of rent) for licensing to approve the other location without a break in the daycare. Have you considered buying a home or just opening a daycare/preschool not in-home?

Also I have been wondering and have tried to search for the answer to no luck.... but why are you (and other CA providers) killing yourselves for QRIS? From what I can tell from some of your past post is they "may" make it mandatory..... but wouldn't they then give ample notice and I don't see anywhere from the state that says it may be required or even really encouraged. Can you point me in the right direction? I am in Southern California and both the providers I hear speak of it (you being one of them) are in Northern California but if this rolls out as a requirement to be licensed it would be state wide.
Not sure about California, but in Tennessee QRIS came in very subtle about 15 years ago. They made it sound so wonderful, gave money for materials, educations, free weekend trainings, so on and so on.....then it was like "BOOM".....all these crazy expectations....we were first governed by FCCERS, but have moved on to FCCERS-R. Now the ones still in child care (it is mandated/law here that all child cares complete QRIS Assessment annually) have reached high plateaus of education but are still dictated by QRIS...meaning we can have all the education in the world and all the materials for a great daycare but still be defined by the 4-6 hour assessment each year......ALL of the report card hinges on that score..... The whole system is hogwash and there is money for education still but not materials....who wants it anyway...daycare is NOT fun anymore....We were told it would be voluntary in the beginning, but their idea of voluntary is for providers to still complete the QRIS assessment annually. ???? Sadly, I feel QRIS will stick around so ??