View Single Post
LysesKids 03:37 PM 08-19-2018
Originally Posted by Bluemoon5:
I agree they would probably do better with a nanny. I just wish I could tell her that. I feel like my hands are tied with what I'm allowed to say. I can suggest that she leave quickly, encourage her, tell her it would be better for her daughter, but if she decides she wants to stay, she can. We have an "open door" policy so parents can come, go, stay as they please. Years ago I had a parent stay the entire morning with their child.
Yes, but is it actually legal for that parent to be around the other children for a few hours without a background check; I get a few minutes, but all morning? I won't even allow that.

Open door doesn't mean you have to allow unlimited access to others, just your own child and this center needs to get on board with it - my door is locked unless I am expecting a parent to drop-of or pick up; Why? because I don't want some random stranger just walking in wanting a tour of my childcare. It doesn't mean I won't allow a parent in, but I limit how long they can stay just because most aren't background checked (I have had a policeman and a FBI security person in the past - pretty sure they were safe lol)

I know in many states you can't even volunteer in your child's school without one, for the mere fact you are around other kids besides your own. Might be worth mentioning to the director as a safety measure