View Single Post
LysesKids 04:24 PM 10-29-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
Mine is like yours ... parent names and info, child name, signature, date, start date, tuition rate, when tuition is due, their schedule etc. It also has an "I agree to follow the handbook" piece. I don't add my fees in there because I may change them frequently so I just have something about how the fees are in the "Rate Schedule" which is a separate sheet I have that lists all of my tuition rates and penalty fees.
Legally I think you have to list your fee in the contract for it to be enforceable; add a clause stating rates may be increased up to 5% yearly on a set date to cover increases... a contract is supposed to reflect payment between 2 parties & not listing a fee in my eyes spells trouble. Also changing your rate too often can be a bad signal to clients. Here is how Tom phrases it

A contract is a legal document between you and a parent that spells out your legal obligations to each other. Namely, the days and hours that you will deliver child care services and the amount the parent is to pay you for your services. Time and money are the two terms of your contract that are legally enforceable. Your contract should also contain the names of the parties, how the contract can be ended, and signatures of both parties. Any change to a written contract must be in writing and signed by both parties.