View Single Post
erichelgeson 05:22 PM 01-02-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
@Eric

I like it so far, it has a clean look, easy to use...

I created a child care account and a parent account to see the difference.
Last year we did a complete redesign on our look and feel - glad you like it!

Originally Posted by :
1. Love the allergy list and vaccines, easy to use but your allergy list needs more items, or at least SOY added and a other box (I have a kid that can not have beans, peas, and lentils along with soy and nuts), and a check all box for the vaccines would be nice when entering a new child.
Agree, I've added these to the list next week!

Originally Posted by :
2. I love that instead of deleting a family I could achieve them, but the delete option did not tell how to achieve or where to go to do that. Will achieving the child remove the parent from logging in and can you achieve a child as they age out? (or in my case the foster kids unenroll but the bio child stays)
A family in our system is "archived" when no sprouts are active. Delete in our system is really only if you made a mistake or want to remove all records of the family. Though I do agree a more an "archive" function to remove them from drop downs, reports, etc makes sense.

Originally Posted by :
3. I would like to personalize the message to the families for them to sign up. (I do not do pictures at all unless it is for my records, so I would not want parents to expect them) but that is not a deal-breaker.
That makes sense. We can add in that easily so families get a custom welcome message.

Originally Posted by :
4. I like that I can have each child scheduled at a different time. All my kids have different schedules.
We use this schedule to alert you on late pick up and drop offs as well.

Originally Posted by :
5. Chatbox is great but since I do not see an app in the app store. My tablet is a kindle fire, is this kindle friendly?
It is! We regularly test on Kindle, IOS 13 & 14, as well as Android/Chrome. There is no app to install - our site is what you call an PWA or Progressive Web App - meaning we can do almost everything an app can do - without being in the app store.

Originally Posted by :
6. Easy check-in and out but no check-in on parents screen, this might be common but currently... My covid policy is that they text me (pick up or drop off) from outside to check in the kids, so I need something they can use from their phone.
Correct - We actually did allow that for a while but unfortunately had too many bad apples checking out early to avoid fees, so we have removed it. We have added the ability for you to record who dropped off and picked up. And adding a "QR" code the family can scan to checkin via their phone to avoid bad apples.

Originally Posted by :
7. I could not enter an employee, I got an error 500. I tried a few times.
I saw that - my apologies! All software will have errors once in a while. We'll have it fixed tomorrow (watching the new Croods movie with the kids tonight!)

Originally Posted by :
8. Love the variety of reports. I was able to test most of them.
Thanks! We add more all the time when talking with centers.

Originally Posted by :
9. Would you consider adding a note section for each child that only the employees/owner can see? Like anecdotal notes? Or maybe a calendar that we could add notes too. (X was sent home sick today, M was a no show, T will be absent on x day, P had a temp of xx at snack, H slept longer than normal, W had a bruise on his check at arrival, Z pushed S down, K is teething, J threw a fight at circle time...) Having a way to add notes will be a selling point for me.
Sprout notes, documentation, calendar - everything you just mentioned we are currently working on and expected in Q1 this year.

Originally Posted by :
10. Would you consider adding a weekly schedule/calendar? (theme, letter, color, shape... of the week.)
Yes! We've talked to quite a few of our customers about how they'd like the calendar to look and features, those included.

Originally Posted by :
11. I could not find a way to assign a pin to the family, I even in the parent account. Am I missing something?
To assign a PIN you must have PIN required checked in the Settings - after that you'll be able to assign the PIN.

Originally Posted by :
12. I see the cost for this app is $1 per kid for the month. I currently have 6 kids, all part-time and 1 starting soon. So my cost would be $6/7 a month? What would be the cost of using the payment option?
If you had one starting soon (eg "Active" not checked) - you would not be billed for them. So $6 in your scenario.

Originally Posted by :
13. Like I said I have never found an app that fits my needs. My church uses a program called Breeze (I was part of the team that voted to us it) and if they did a child care app, I would be first in line. One feature that they have that I love is being able to create forms. Any thoughts on adding that to your app? I would love to be able to have a covid check-in form that would have to be completed in order to check-in.
Currently no - we did talk to our customers about what they would like for records on covid checkin, but they all thought adding that level of questions to the Sproutary checkin didnt make sense. Though always happy to reconsider.

Also I'd love to hear more about your experiences with Breeze and forms. Let me know if you have a few minutes next week and willing to chat.

Originally Posted by :
14. If there is an issue with the network on your end or mine, is there a way to correct a child's check-in or out time?
Yes! It also records who edited it and what changed (again, some bad apples, we record changes and deletions and who)

Originally Posted by :
15. Do the parents have to create an account to receive messages that I would send out like the daily reports?
You creating their family account and adding the email address is enough. They can optionally login and see, but they'll revive emails, communications, updates etc just by you adding them.

Originally Posted by :
In closing, I would recommend this App for its features and ease of use.
Wow! I am honored by the detailed review and endorsement. We take feedback from customers seriously and I'll follow up with each and everything mentioned here.