View Single Post
Evansmom 07:15 AM 04-19-2013
Both my boys had eczema as littles and both eventually got better. 80% of childhood cases resolve by age 3. But I believe ours were causes by milk and environmental allergies which I quickly eliminated from their diet and started them on a daily antihistamine. It helps tremendously!

Once a flare up is triggered tho you have to get it under control with steroid creams and some kind of skin protectant like Eucerin or Aquaphor. DO NOT USE soap to bathe! I know that may sound gross to everyone but with sensitive skin it's SO important to discontinue the use of soap during a flare up. There are some soaps on the market for eczema but in our experience its better to just rinse with clean water. I do still wash hands and feet and genitals with soap during that time but avoid irritated areas and wash at the end of the bath, don't sit in soapy water. And limit water exposure to less than 5 min in luke warm water only. No hot. These simple and inexpensive measures can go a really long way in getting it all under control.