View Single Post
safechner 07:12 PM 03-22-2011
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Mac, first once, I completely agree with you as well!

This is why, again, I will not donate to family services, Angel Tree, food bank, etc. I use to work with a woman who was on every state aid there was. Once I was feeding her daughter a bottle but she didn't want it. So I told the mom (my co worker who was in the same room with me), that C didn't want her bottle. Co worker said oh just toss it. I said..well I JUST now made it so it's still fresh. Co worker said: that's ok, I'll make her a fresh one, it's free to me. I was like it maybe free to YOU but I am the one paying for that with my taxpayer money!

This same co-worker has been on all this aid since her oldest was born, 20 YEARS ago. Shouldn't there be a time limit?!?!? Don't get me wrong. My mother was a single mother with 3 kids before she married my father. She didn't go on all these programs. We always had medical care and food in our stomach. But my mother also worked her a$$ off for us.

This same co worker can walk into the family services and say with a sad face I can't pay my electric bill. What do they say? Oh come here sweetie and we will. We are here to help you. Yet, don't they see her drive her and her 5 kids in a late model vehicle? Forget Christmas time. At Christmas all 7 of them (her, 5 kids, and yes a husband but he's from Mexico so the state isn't suppose to know he lives with her) make out like bandits. One year they got brand new clothes and toys to fill a tiny department store. Plus my former co worker got $100.00 in a gift card to Wal-Mart and $200 CASH.

Another example: my mother was in the hospital about 16 years ago with a broken blood vessel. Now my mother had/has quality insurance through my father. A woman came in the bed next to my mother. Within 10 mins. they moved her. Where? To a private room due to freakin medicaid.

I am all for these state aid programs for the people THAT NEED IT. Illegals don't need it. Let them use their own country's aid. People who have been on it for 20 years is also ridiculous.
I agree with you. I am doing the same way as you do not donate to family services, Angel Tree, Food Bank, etc... My husband's co worker was laid off from his old job. He was having hard time to buy foods for the kids and his wife who is housewife and pay the bills. He went to get some help and get some food stamp for temporary until he finds a job. You know what, they denied him and won't help to pay his bills. A few months later, he finally found my husband's job. He is lucky to catch up his bills. That is why I was so pissed off since there are a lot of american who works so hard and can't get help who needs it. That is unfair. This america have been helping illegal immigration a lot like free money, food stamp, free house or low income, etc....

A friend of mine went to food stamp that she needs some help since she is a single mom to one child with no help from her child's father. They denied her because she makes too much money, really. I think it is a joke. She said she see there are so many illegal immigration in the waiting room in food stamps service. I believe it is going be worst in the future if they keep giving them free services, who knows.