View Single Post
MamaBear 07:53 AM 07-20-2011
Thanks all so much for your advice. I talked to the mom yesterday and told her again how bad the separation anxiety is and how disruptive it is through the day. She pretty much acted like it was no big deal until I said that if it doesn't improve during my trial period then it wouldn't work out. That perked up her ears. She was surprised that he'd have do a new trial period... but its a new contract so duhhhh. I have a 2 week trial period. He's been coming about a week now... started last Thursday but I'm closed today for my 2 son's first day of school... so I would let it roll into next week to make it fair.

She said she would bring a "comfort" toy for him and hopes that will work to soothe him. I know it wont. He still will cry. But I agreed to try it to be fair.

He was a somewhat easy baby before he left here. He didnt cry like this at drop offs and when others came. He was just a goofy silly boy who'd either play, sleep or eat. But he also had his older sister here back then too. Shes since gone off to preschool and so that might be another part of his freaking out. No mom and no sister and so hes all crazed.

I think I'm more frustrated that she lied about how he is than anything. Even when I told her that he only sleeps 30 minutes a day, she says "oh yea thats what hes doing lately". So I was like "I thought you said he was a great napper now"... she looked all confused like she forgot her lie. So that bugs me more than anything and I feel the need to end it.

We'll see how it goes in the next week. I'll let you guys know!