View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:41 PM 02-26-2019
Originally Posted by Indoorvoice:
Ideally BC, I would like them to give me a schedule like, Mon:7:30-5, TUE: 8:30:2 Wed: 7:30-4, etc...

But instead on Sunday they schedule me everyday 7:30-5 but then just actually use me when they need me. It's complicated because I can't really dock them for dropping off later or picking up earlier when it's in my parameters. I don't know if they actually know when their days off are or what.

I would do as CatHerder said and shore up the rules/policies in regards to nap time pick up.

As for the schedule being a simple 7:30-5:00 across the board, I'd do one of a couple things...

A) Either pay attention to their actual time used each week and then invoice accordingly and don't allow time outside of what they actually used.

"Hey Jones family you only used care until 3:00 each day although you scheduled until 5:00. After this next week, services will only be available until 3:00 for your family unless you request services beyond 3:00 on specific days."

OR

B) you can plead with parents the fact that submitting a blanket schedule is not only lazy but disrespectful to you as a care provider since you do not get schedule breaks or lunch periods etc... and have due to the blanket schedules you are unable to schedule anything personal for yourself or your family.

OR

C) Charge according to pick up time. (I do this) and make the cost of picking up after 3:00 MORE.

OR

D) Charge a fee for drop offs/pick ups 15 minutes before or after their schedule.

Personally the easiest would be explaining to parents AND going with option D.

I know what you mean about shorter days and still being paid but sometimes as we all know, it really isn't about the money as much as it is about respect, juggling multiple schedules and time management.

It's annoying when we are "stuck" all day and then not only being stuck but not having the schedule followed.