View Single Post
Baby Beluga 09:40 AM 08-21-2019
A little warning...I hate dirty floors in my house and I actually enjoy vacuuming

I have an upright shark duo apex and the shark's version of the roomba.

I love the roomba , because I just leave it run through the house. I don't have pets, but I have two kids of my own and inevitably there will be a crumb or hair somewhere. Especially in the bathroom. Myself, DD and DH both shed hair like crazy. I also set it to run in the classroom after nap when we are in the kitchen eating snack. The cots leave imprints on the carpet and I just feel better when the carpets are clean and look fresh. Odd, I know. With the roomba I can program is to run at certain times of the day and it comes with magnetic "tape" that you lay down if you don't want it to go into an area. Since it's programmed, it's no extra work on my part to have it run in the classroom when we are out.

I use my upright about 4 times a day - after breakfast, after lunch, after snack and after my own family dinner. Doesn't take long to do the first 3 as I just do it in our traffic areas. After dinner I vacuum the whole house. The apex comes with two brush rollers, the first one is a soft roller that makes 100% contact with the floor. The second roller is the traditional vacuum roller that has bristles. I adore this vacuum because the first roller that makes 100% contact with the floor allows me to vacuum up food. That is an amazing time saver with kids. Before I was having to sweep, then vacuum. Now I just vacuum. I feel like the floor is cleaner too?