View Single Post
permanentvacation 01:48 PM 12-19-2014
Years ago, when I lived in a more decent area, I did and had no problem getting two weeks' pay along with a written notice. But in this area, many parents would flip out when they read that in the contract during the interview and then whether they had flipped out about it or not, no one would pay it. They would just not show up one day. Sometimes they would never answer my phone calls when I called to try to find out what was going on. Other parents would answer the phone and very abruptly say 'he's not coming back' and then quickly hang up. Whenever I got a chance to get a couple of words in to tell them they owe the two weeks' notice, they'd say they don't have the money and they aren't going to pay for what they don't need.

So, I gave up trying to expect it. By not requiring a two weeks' notice, at least the parents now tell me ahead of time that they are leaving or might be leaving. I am not getting a financial two weeks notice now, but at least I get a verbal heads up so I can start advertising.

I tried to make parents pay their two weeks notice when the first start coming here, by raising the rate for the first couple of weeks telling them that the extra money goes towards their last two weeks notice. They flipped out over that too.