View Single Post
Country Kids 11:04 AM 08-14-2018
Originally Posted by MarinaVanessa:
I believe that it depends on each provider's circumstance. For example, if a provider had 6 children and was charging $200/week and making $1,200 a week total/$4800 a month then $400 a month would not be considered excessive. If however a provider only had 4 clients and only charged $100/week so made only $400 a week total/$1600 a month then $400 a month would be considered excessive.

Another example is my case ... I had a family contact me for services and their 3-year-old used a wheelchair. The only restroom that is downstairs is not wide enough for a wheelchair to go through and I would have had to spend thousands of dollars to widen the doorway for her wheelchair to fit through. That would be an excessive amount to pay and I could not afford that. The parents reached out to their doctor and got a MUCH smaller wheelchair (tiny actually) and then there was no issue for me.

So it seems as it would all be based on a case by case basis and whether other alternatives are options.
The $400 might be significant though for that provider as that money maybe earmarked for something else already.

We have bills like anyone else so to add something on top of us that we are maybe not able to afford-even if it seems small might cause us financial hardships.

The other option would be to raise rates to cover something like this.