View Single Post
Blackcat31 12:17 PM 02-10-2011
Originally Posted by countrymom:
I went looking at the montessori sites and I think i'm going to start doing more than the box stuff (which is still fine and art is a must because its all about being creative) i'm just amazed how little kids know in the "daily life skills" like zipping up a coat or how to put a hat on. I also find that many kids don't know how to "problem solve" their parents are always solving their problems, like our riding cars, I let them figure it out on how to get in rather than I just go and do it.
I also think art needs to be implemented, so many kids just don't know how to be creative, I have kids who color trees pink and orange and a kid who will tell them that they are wrong, I see nothing wrong with it, to each his own.
this weekend I will look more into motessori, I did post on the boards what others do. I will gaurentee that most do montessori style and don't even realize it. (oh if I want to be certified, its almost 7000 dollars)
Is the certificate of certification guilded in gold bullion or something!??!? Holy smokes! (I don't think my whole B.S. degree costs that much.)
and yes, tha tis what I want to teach...those missing life-skills and foster individual creativity.