View Single Post
Unregistered on purpose 07:31 AM 09-25-2010
first i want to start off by saying i am a registered poster here, i just logged out for privacy purposes. i hope you all understand.

second, i know what i need to do, i'm just looking for some other opinions, and a little backbone.

i have a family i have been caring for for almost a year. their child is the most sweetest well behaved child i have ever cared for. a couple of times the parents have showed up, either at pick up or drop off, and appear to be stoned. at first, i thought, o.k., maybe she has allergies, or is overtired, whatever. but i thought she was stoned all along. another friend of a friend mentioned to me that these people are huge pot heads. now, i dont judge anyone for what they do in the privacy of their own homes, but showing up and putting your child in the car when you are under the influence is not cool. i know technically, i am a mandated reporter. but i have a few reservations about jumping the gun. #1, they dont appear to be "sloppy drunk i can totally tell", so i dont know if its me seeing things or not. #2, friend of a friend said something, but its hearsay, ya know? #3, they are good friends with another family i care for, so how do i deal with that?! they are going to bad mouth me to them, i'm sure. and if i terminate, the other family i have is going to wonder why. (the other family does NOT come across as the type to smoke pot) #4 if i do turn them in, will they retaliate by turning me in for something stupid? #5, is it enough proof to warrant a call to CPS? i mean, they really are nice people, and are really good parents. they come from nice families. i have no other issues as far as how they treat their child. they are in NO way abusive.

i know what i am supposed to do, i am just torn, and looking for a little advice. thanks...