View Single Post
Blackcat31 11:07 AM 03-12-2020
Originally Posted by twirlerzmom:
But what if I don’t have something in my contract pertaining to natural disasters? Do you think it’s unfair to still charge parents? I think some of my parents could work from home so they would be getting paid. But if I have to close for more than 1 week and don’t get paid ill fall behind financially. It wouldn’t have been so bad but I just took off a week for vacation in February which I did not charge my families for. I do have in my contract that I can take 3 weeks vacation 1 of which would be paid.

Also, our Gov just declared a public health emergency in our state. We may be forced to close if more cases show up.
Yes I still think it is fair and reasonable to require parents to pay IF the state makes you shut down temporarily.

If you are well and can continue providing services I would do so, excluding those that are showing symptoms.

If you should get sick or are required to close, I would let parents know they still need to pay because there are still costs associated with child care regardless of whether children are present or not. Just like rent/mortgage payments for parents....still due whether you were home or not.

I would probably only be comfortable doing this for 2 weeks. After two weeks, I'd review the situation and decide how to proceed at that point.