Thread: Ugh!
View Single Post
CeriBear 06:26 AM 03-16-2020
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
We are required by licensing to have a plan of action in place for any child with allergies so that excuse simply doesn't work here unless the child actually does have allergies. In which case, I would already be aware of it.

Self-diagnosis from a parent isn't acceptable here.
This child does have allergies. He sniffles and coughs a lot especially during the spring and fall and mild asthma. All of this is listed on his health form. In the post you are referring to this child wasn’t acting himself and so I took his temperature and it was 100.9. Our center requires that a child with a temperature of 100 or higher not attend so the parent was called. Mom says it was just his allergies flaring up but that she would pick up as soon as she could. The next morning we get a call that kids temperature was 103 and that he had influenza A. What makes me upset in this situation is that his temp was 100.9 less than 2 hours after arrival. Mom probably knew he was sick and yet sent him anyway. I was thankful that neither me or any other co-worker or child got sick.
Our center is going to lower the fever threshold to 99.5.