View Single Post
Blackcat31 08:40 AM 03-23-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
It is super scary out. I have not ventured out in about 7 days. I have to go out either Tuesday or Wednesday for produce, and have to admit I am leery of doing it. That's IF I can even find any produce.

I am both interested and scared to see how this is going to change society as it amps up and then settles down.

Flour, yeast and baking powder are so hard to come by!
I am part of a FB group with people from all over the world. They are mailing yeast to one another if they find it
The lack of certain things in other areas has me more freaked out than anything as my community hasn't really had a major issue with not being able to buy items but that means people are traveling from ALL over to come here to buy things they can't get at "home".

I get it, but it makes me scared that they are bringing germs etc from elsewhere and it makes the people in my own community to want to stock up on things when we don't yet know if it's necessary. kwim?

I stood in line yesterday at my local grocery store next to a man from Ohio. He said he traveled up here to buy things for several of his neighbors back home. He literally had 2 full carts of basics. My thoughts are so conflicted on that.