View Single Post
Blackcat31 06:17 AM 03-24-2020
Originally Posted by mndaysub:
I am a daycare sub in MN at a home daycare that is licensed for 14 children infant through school age. The owner takes the summer off and leaves the state and leaves her helper in charge with me. We all have up to date training, etc. and I had never thought anything about it. Yesterday my good friend who runs her own licensed home daycare told me that my boss is actually only supposed to use 30 days a year to be away from the daycare as it’s her (my boss’s) daycare and license and not the helpers. I wasn’t aware of that and it’s really bothering me. Maybe it’s different state to state, but it just hasn’t sat right with me.
Thanks for any information you might have
Your friend is correct unless the "helper" is on her license and they are licensed together.

Here is the state statute for the time period in which licensed providers are able to use substitute caregivers.
https://www.revisor.mn.gov/rules/9502.0365/

It says:

9502.0365. 5. Supervision and use of substitutes.
A licensed provider must be the primary provider of care in the residence. Children in care must be supervised by a caregiver. The use of a substitute caregiver must be limited to a cumulative total of not more than 30 days in any 12-month period.