View Single Post
e.j. 08:07 AM 03-25-2020
Originally Posted by DeeDee:
I change all of the kids regularly, and right away if they have a BM. DCB is usually always the last one to get picked up, so I'm assuming either he had a BM while the other DCK's were being picked up or during the car ride home. Since all the kids get a change right before pick-up and then we put on coats, shoes, etc...
I would reply with what you told us above. I'd let them know you're at a loss for how this is happening but offer to check the child, with the parent present, before he leaves for home. That way, you both know dcb isn't leaving your house with dried poop on his bum.

Before I opened my own day care, my son went to another day care in the area. He started coming home with "skid marks" in his diaper. After a couple of times, I politely asked his day care provider to make sure she cleaned his bum better to make sure he didn't get a rash. It wasn't until I saw the same skid marks in his diaper at home one weekend - after I had changed him myself and knew I hadn't left any poop on his bum - that I realized it wasn't his provider's fault. I felt bad for assuming it was!