View Single Post
tbutler 09:18 AM 08-25-2011
In the past two weeks, I've had four families to come by my home for tour/interview and all four took enrollment packets with them. Only one has returned the packet and her daughter started full time on Monday. The three other families have not enrolled their children nor re-contacted me though they did seem very interested.

My frustration:
I paid to make those copies and for the beautiful purple (my fav color) folder they were housed in....That's money just walking out the door!!!!!

My resolution:
A Pre-Registration Form- This is a one page, two-sided form.
Side one: list of my prices for infants, toddlers, and preschool age, day care hours and my contact info, and a small paragraph for parents to list their child's name, which age group the child will be in, and the applicable tuition, place for parent and my signature on bottom.

Side two: place for parent to write their requested first day of attendance, section for all of child's info (name, dob, address, etc), section for all of mothers info, section for all of dad's info.

My plan:
When parents come for tour, go through normal introduction of myself and my family and get to know their family a bit. (I request that husbands and child come with mom-the one who usually calls). Have a sit down and quickly paraphrase the key points in my handbook and let them look thru it freely to ask any questions. If they are interested, give them the Pre-registration form, once they return pre-registration form along with first week's tuition, then give them a registration packet to return no later than child's first day.

Opinions are welcome....Do you think I should email a copy of my handbook to parents once they leave with the pre-registration form and advise them they will receive a hardcopy once their child is enrolled? Or just let them review it on their tour?

I'd much rather put funds toward advertising than making copies to never have the child enrolled!