Thread: Nanny Cam???
View Single Post
Starburst 08:51 PM 02-18-2013
If you are uncomfortable with it, you can tell them that you believe it would violate the rights of the other children and families in your daycare (confidentiality and privacy) and that all the parents would have to sign waivers and that since they would be the only ones with the feed it would be unfair and unlawful for you to allow them to do this. Also if their child knows about this, it might make their child more likely to act up in thinking that you cannot use discipline (guidence). Also remind them that not only is this your place of business but it is also your home- you and your family have a right to privacy.

When all else fails you can blame liscensing and say they wont allow it (because it violates the privacy and confidentiality rights of the children, parents, your employees, your family, you). And for all we know it might be... Nanny cams are actually illegal to plant without consent EXCEPT when they are in your own home and only with your children and privately paid employees (A guy who owned a spy shop said this on an episode of "Flipping Out", a reality show based in CA). It is especially illegal to video tape minors without their parents concent.

I have seen one daycare website where they have a thing that parents can sign in during daycare hours and get a live feed to check on their children (it is only accessable to daycare parents) and i am sure the provider makes sure that the parents need to be okay with this if they want to sign up- and I am sure thats why many parents go to this program or why some may not be comfortable there. I think after hours she may turn it off. I have thought of this as a possibility and weighed the pros and cons- and I am still deciding weather or not it is fully worth it. Part of me thinks for private use it would be good because If someone makes a false claim you could just go back to your videos to prove them wrong. But than again that would be alot of tapes/Cd/USBs and a lot of money for equipment and maintance.