View Single Post
Zak's Mommy 11:45 AM 06-09-2013
Hello,
I am hoping someone on this forum can help me. My son goes to daycare in Washington state. On Friday evening I found out that my son's daycare installed a video surveillance camera in the play area of the daycare about a week and a half ago. There was never a notice that went out about the recording device.
Here is where I have an issue, I was advised by a group of moms that one day while they were there they heard a man talking from the device. It was the owner's husband talking remotly to his daughter telling her to stop doing flips. When the moms asked who that was, the daughter responded "that was my dad watching the video of us at home." First, this man is listed as an owner of the center but I have never heard/ seen anything about him and since he does not work for the center a background check was never done. Second, the video feed goes directly to his laptop at home. I have no idea if this is a secure feed.
I have been trying to find any regulation or law regarding video recording (don't know if they record audio, I just know he has the ability to speak through the device remotly) and can't find what I am looking for. Has anyone dealt with this in the past?
My son is not returning to that center and my husband and I are speaking with the owner tomorrow regarding this in addition to contacting the Department of Early Learning.

Thank you for your help.
****** (Zak's Mommy)