View Single Post
MN Mom 07:23 PM 08-03-2010
VERY rough summer here also...you are not alone.

I actually broke down crying to my husband last night. I said (and this is going to sound terrible) "I didn't realize how much I disliked kids until I did day care." It's not that I don't like children...I do. I LOVE my own kids to death, I LOVE my nieces and nephews to death. I enjoy other children also, but not for 10+ hours a day 4-5 days a week =/

I am not a religious person, normally...but last night I prayed for God to either give me more strength or to shoulder some of the burden, because I was starting to take it out on my family in the evenings. I did not register for this semester of college because I couldn't handle the stress, lack of sleep, headaches last semester. Today, my prayer was answered. DCM informed me that she is quitting her job to be a SAHM, she said she has missed so much of their childhood and she has been spoiling them to compensate (HI eating issues w/6 year old, anger issues with the 9 year old, 8month old baby on the way to brat city). I told her "GOOD for you! I am so happy for you! You really deserve this time with them." and let a rather large sigh of relief after they left.

God does answer prayers...
Not only were my issues solved, these children are going to have a mother at home to raise them. So, he performed 2 miracles today.