View Single Post
Thriftylady 03:29 PM 07-23-2015
Originally Posted by DannieB:
I'm putting together my parent handbook and am wondering how some of you deal with religion in general. I do not want to emphasis any religious holidays or religious observances (prayer or other events that will distract from other children or require one-on-one attention). I feel all religious/spiritual needs are personal and should be between parent and child. Thank you
You don't have to address them at all if you don't want. But IF you will have any activities for Thanksgiving, Christmas etc you might put that in there and if it will not be religious based you can say that also. You can just say something like "we will have holiday parties, if you have questions feel free to ask". I am a Christian home, and my parents sign a waiver for "religious" activities, if they choose to. I don't do a lot of religion but at Christmas time we may read the Christmas story, or read stories from a Children's Bible, but ONLY if all kids in care that day have the waiver signed. It is something I offer, but don't force.