View Single Post
Unregistered 12:48 PM 01-27-2008
Recently, I received a call at work from an assistant to the Director/ Owner of our daycare, saying she just wanted to give me a "heads up" on what was going on for that day. She began to tell me that my son "just wasn't acting like himself" all day (this was around 1:30 pm), he was the first one on the cot for nap and he had just woke up crying hesterically. He didn't appear to have a temperature, it was inly 99.6. They were trying to comfort him and just couldn't get him to stop crying. I decided to go to the daycare to check him out. Once I arrived, only minutes later, he was sitting on his cot "shaking". His teacher told me he was saying that his belly hurt. I immediately picked him up and smelled feces. He was saying hurt, but, not his belly, just that it hurt. I took him out of the class and checked his pullup, it was full of feces and urine. As I tried to clean him up, he began gaurding that area and didn't want me to clean it. It staRTING BECOMING VERY OBVIOUS TO ME THE PROBLEM WAS THE PULL-UP FULL OF FECES AND URINE HAD BEEN ON THERE A LONG TIME AND NOW HIS bottom was mascoriated (very red and burned). I was very upset, and immediately notified the person who had called me. She witnessed the pain my son was expeierncing and apoligized. My 2 year old son was in horrible pain from something that should have been found so simply. What happened to checking the pullups every 2 hours? Why was something so simple overlooked for so long? I'm not sure where to go from here, I need some advice.