View Single Post
Jo123ABC 10:04 AM 01-31-2021
Originally Posted by 284878:
You right kids that are taught the difference may know the difference. But we are talking about toddlers ages 1-4 that have not been taught the difference. They are still learning big from small, real from pretend and how to share, I am no expert but I don't feel that a child that just learned to walk or working on how to use the toilet is ready to know the difference between real and toy guns.

Plus I have seen plenty toy guns that look real. (Just think of how many humans have been shot because the gun or object they had looked like a real gun)

To anyone that still disagrees with me:
If that isn't enough reason to not have guns in daycare, consider the child (could be a foster child or just one that lives in a bad situation) that had been traumatized by use of a gun. (By having one pointed at him or seen someone get shot) He needs to feel safe while in daycare and seeing a gun or hearing the sound of a pop gun may not help him feel safe.

Again I am all for the right to bear arms but during business hours, safety, security, and the health of the children come first.
A child from a traumatic background is a bit different. I'm no professional in working with traumatized children though I have taken special education classes and have some tools under my belt if put in that situation. Obviously I would adjust my care to a child's needs just as I would not allow peanuts or strawberries f there were allergies. At this point, I don't have kids with allergies, so they can have peanut butter and strawberry jam sandwiches to their hearts content (kwim?)

Anyway, are my kids, who play cops and robbers, squirt each other with squirt guns, and shoot apples with foam darts going to be a problem to society when they grow up in your opinion? If you don't think so, why are you making a big deal out of laser tag?