View Single Post
Cat Herder 04:36 AM 04-27-2021
The only problem I face with infants is the regulation.

Limiting me to only two under twelve months after years of being able to have up to six under twelve months was insulting. The schedules flowed well then and they had age mates to play with and learn from as they grew. My group started as infants, then went off to kindergarten together, strong and confident with a circle of friends/families already intact. Then the next group started. I loved it that way. So did my families.

I fully agree with the no confinement rules and fully support them. Infants should not sleep in chairs or swings. Carseats should not be allowed in the classroom. Infants should be down with toys if not sleeping.

The hardest part was the 35 square foot rule *with no furniture* for immobile infants. Seemed pretty silly. That meant infants took up more space than active toddlers because they required a crib that stayed out all day. If the space ratio included the crib until the child was able to crawl, that would help many providers, including centers. At that point they only take up that extra space for about six months vs. twelve. It makes a difference.

Emergency cribs - portable mini - solve the evacuation problem.