View Single Post
cheerfuldom 12:39 PM 05-11-2012
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
Today I sent out my summer newsletter. It included a reminder I'm closed for memorial day, that I know summer schedules will be more lax (I have mainly teachers kids) and that I will officially be open only Mon, Wed, and Fri come september.

I'm very excited for this! When I first started dong home daycare (my 2yr anniversary is coming up June 1st!) I wanted full time. As I got super busy and full I realized I had less time for mother and son stuff (ds will be 3 soon) and that I felt more like a sitter for my son than his mom. With the crazy schedules I have with some of the kids or the high needs children I'm sometimes so flustered with my day my poor son gets the brunt end of it. He's an extremely smart child with photographic mind and memory tendencies and I'm starting to realize what a butt of a mom I've become due to the stress of the home children. I did this to stay home with him and when he said to me "mommy you're not angry anymore are you?" at bed time a few weeks ago I lost it.

This is not what I wanted. Being a mom was the most important thing to me (I lost mine young 20yrs ago) that I'm failing myself in that department because of other peoples kids whom sometimes drive me bananas. While I have some A+ families and most days are sunshine and roses the few that aren't take a toll. I finally laid down a new schedule. After the summer break I'm only doing 3days a week. I will continue to offer all that I currently do and keep up with my preschool program. My son needs the social interaction and the preschool structure but he also needs mommy time.

Moreso I need my son time. He's going to be 3. He's gonna be our only one. I don't want him remembering these times and I don't want to be reminded by him (seriously, the kid remembers Easter and christmas from LAST year among other things like where we bought something 2yrs ago or that shirt he wore for a friends bday. I'm scared lol).

I feel a big stress lifted already. I might lose a sibling set (their mom doesn't have the same weekly schedule) but I'm not too concerned. I told everyone to let me know ASAP if their childcare needs change.

IM SO READY FOR SUMMER!! For my son and I:

The days are just packed!

*special points awarded to the person who knows where the above quote is from*
It sounds like you have worked out a good arrangement for you and your son and that is what matters. It will be awesome to have those days off from the daycare because as you said, its tough when you have young ones at home all day too.

As for the memory thing, TOTALLY hear you on that. My four year old scares me sometimes too. She draws pictures and talks ALL the time about things she did two years ago. I pull out her old clothes for her little sister and she remembers who gave her what, where she wore it and everything. One time I got lost going to a friends house and this little voice pipes up from the backseat and she remembered what exit to take from the highway and what turns to take to get to a house she had only been to ONE time before....this was at 2 years old, maybe even before 2, cant remember when it happened but this stuff is all the time. I do worry about how the daycare affects especially her.