View Single Post
nanglgrl 12:44 PM 11-15-2013
I've been re-purposing a lot of items lately and would love more ideas. Here are a few things I've done:
1. Used old jars to make snow globes. The ones in the photo are a fall tree, winter tree and a Christmas tree (I haven't made a spring or summer tree yet).
2. I used empty Parmesan cheese containers to organize my light table accessories. Some of the accessories are also re-purposed.
3. I covered an empty hot cocoa container in shiny paper and used it to hold the magnifying glasses, flashlight and tweezers in the sensory area.
4. I painted a peg board and used it to hold music supplies.
5. Added some water and food coloring in foaming soap bottles that had a little soap left in them (not antibacterial). The foam comes out in all different colors and the children love swirling it together.
6. Used a tackle box and cut out letter from food boxes to make an alphabet box. It teaches the kids that letters are different sizes and fonts and it's fun for them to organize and use for crafts. (I had to combine w/x, y/z because I couldn't find a box big enough).

Some of these ideas weren't mine but I love every one of them and would love to get more ideas!
Attached: 002.jpg (86.0 KB) 017.jpg (57.2 KB) 019.jpg (71.1 KB) 057.jpg (82.9 KB) 058.jpg (77.4 KB) 060.jpg (106.2 KB)