View Single Post
makap 11:50 AM 03-31-2012
Originally Posted by nannyde:
If you ever need any advice on videos and documentaries that are very powerful let me know. Have you seen "Food Inc, King Corn, or the Monsanto documentary? Have you read any Michael Pollan? He currently has a lecture series from UC Berkley where he is a professor on the food system.

Don't get too stressed in the begining. The food journey is a long long journey and it takes a lot of time to understand it. Be careful of cheatery in the system. Not everyone who says they are doing the right thing are.

If you check my blogs you can see a number of articles on food.
Thank you.

I am now downloading Food Inc as well as The World According to Monsanto (is that the one you mean?) I would like to watch them tonight. I am unable to find King Corn to download but will continue to look for it.

It is very stressful and confusing to understand this new "food journey". It is also very frustrating as there is not much that is not loaded with all kinds of crap.

I am determined however to slowly learn as I go along and change the way I am eating as well as feeding my family. Educating my 9 year old son along the way is very important to me as well.