View Single Post
Ariana 01:19 PM 04-16-2020
Isolation is not really winning the war. It is slowing the spread maybe? Its hard to tell without actual testing and actual numbers. They are saying that everyone will be infected by the time we get a vaccine so what is the point? 80% of people will have mild symptoms and a very small percentage will die. Even if you look at all of the deaths in the USA right now it is a drop in the bucket compared to the population not dying. No one wants to die, ever but it is part of life.

I understand what you are saying Josie but we risk our lives every day with things that are FAR more statistically fatal. We are used to that fear and we manage it, otherwise no one would drive a car again for example.

I just think the ramification will affect a much greater percentage of the population than this virus will. But it remains to be seen. I truly hope I am wrong. What is happening in nursing homes right now makes me very angry because they are the very people we are supposed to be protecting but nothing was done for them. Low wages for staff means many quit rather than contract the virus. Lack of PPE for the staff who come and go every day. I just don’t believe that any of this is to save peoples lives.