View Single Post
E Daycare 05:37 PM 02-01-2011
Im not trying to be an insensitive caregiver who cares all about pay but with this family I have to hit them in their wallets to get them to hear me. I know children have changing needs but I feel as if some things were hidden from me when we first interviewed in September. The snotty nose issue was a "allergy issue" at the time. Then it was a "cold issue from being in a new environment" at my house. Now its turned into a actual medical need. She also need PT but Im never aware of when the PT will come to my home or what they do with her if they come while not at my house.

My nephew was a preemie so Im aware of some developmental delays preemies pose but Im really starting to wonder if a caregiver who actually specializes in disabled children would be better for her. Im always waiting for the other shoe to fall with her. Shes currently on a bunch of medications for this recurring cold, an inhaler, special formula mixtures and the family hasnt been following through with feeding her actual baby food so Ive been teaching her how to eat baby food too. Shes becoming a special needs child. I have some very active toddlers to tend to and where the dcg isnt much of a problem really its just a lot more then Im comfortable with. Beggars cant be choosers but Im waiting for them to bring in special walkers and things because thatll be next to aid in her walking development or something to that nature.