View Single Post
nannyde 05:59 PM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by E Daycare:
I dont know much about them and have never worked with them at all. The dcm has already informed me dcg does not like them and she has to hold her down to do them and wait for dcg to fall asleep to do a session properly. So Im kinda iffy about it from that standpoint too. I dont want to have to hold down a baby to give meds for a period of time, especially when I have active toddlers running around. If she needs a dose every 4 hrs and shes here 10hrs a day (typical if not more of this child) then I will have to "wrestle" with her at least 2 times a day (well, maybe "wrestle" with her once a day if shes napping for the other dose).

I dont know all the details on it really as shes supposed to be on these treatments since last Friday but the mom hasnt brought in the machine to show me so Im also wondering if its really a big concern to her or if its a matter of the state paying her back as well. I know this, I wont write off on anything I dont do.

Homey dont play that.
Word of advice: never allow a parent to med train you. Get the training from someone who is a trained trainor.

I can't imagine giving an infant this while they are napping. She may be talking about doing the "wand" where you point the wand at the kids nose. I've never had that work out too well.

The machine is noisy... the mist going in their face is annoying. Even if she WAS sleeping she would wake right up.

You won't be doing it twice a day. You will be giving one right at arrival, four hours after that, and four hours after that. You will find that they will tell you that the kid had it four hours ago when they arrive so that they can have one right when they get there. This puts you into the window of having to do it three times.

A very common scenario is that the parents want you to do ALL the treatments for the day while the kid is on your clock. All they have to do is SAY that they coudn't give it before day care because they HAD to give it in the middle of the night and the next one is due fifteen minutes after they get to your house.

If you pass the medicine back and forth with the machine count the doses. You may find out that you have the same number of them in the box that you had when you sent the kid home the day before. When the kid fights a treatment that takes fifteen minutes it's really easy for the parent if you just do it all at your house.