Thread: Vent About DCF
View Single Post
Nickel 04:22 PM 10-04-2012
Okay, now I am really aggravated. I hit something on my laptop and it erased my whole post

Anyway.... dcg was sent home last Wed because she had D. She didn't come Mon because she was supposedly spending the day with dcd. So she comes to get dcg and she says to me, I thought she was doing better. She only had 4 D yesterday compared to the 8 she had the day before! WHAT!!!

So she was out Fri, returned Mon with Dr note. I closed Wed because my own daughter got sick. I sent her a msg that night after my dd threw up tellign her I am sorry but I have to close. She said that dcg still had D and it was probably from teething and shots! Nope, sorry I don't believe teething causes diarrhea like that. It may loosen the stools if dcg has excessive drooling or is swallowing a lot of saliva, but it doesn't cause running liquid to ooze out the diaper!

Anyway, I sent her another message today that dd is doing better. No D or V and her apetite is finally increasing!!! She says dcg still has D and a terribly diaper rash! I asked her what her doctor said because it has now been 2 weeks that she has this and could it be the rotovirus or something like that. At the same time she sends me another message saying if I can't watch her she will try to find someone who can...

I then told her she cannot return to daycare until she is symptom free for 24 hours. I have an infant, Lily and myself to worry about. She then replies that she called the dr and he said it's from teething since she is getting 3 molars. AND says that the other children and my health is priority and she understands.

At this point I am thinking this is getting ridiculus. i told her dcg was welcoem to come back to daycare once she no longer had illness symptoms for 24 hours. She was the first family I got back in August when I opened. I am already providing her the cheapest care, I don't charge her for days that she isn't here and I didn't

have her sign a contract. But we did go over this during the interview. I am sort of hoping that she finds another provider. Her spot is worth twice as much as what she pays as it is and now this is just aggravating me. My entire house was sick to include my husband, and both daughters!!! I also have infants here and wouldn't want them to get sick because a parent doesn't want to keep their child at home.

Sorry this is so long, but I am more than a little upset at all of this. Maybe I am just over reacting or being emotional. I know that in daycare kids get each other sick. But to knowingly bring a child here that is just miserable to get everyone else sick isn't right! I am so tempted to terminate care but the little girl is just so sweet and well adjusted.

I should have known better when she told me that she was switching daycares because her previous provider wasn't doing what they agreed on and was raising rates and charging her FT for a PT spot. If I knew then what I know now