View Single Post
lilbiddapopcorn 12:56 AM 11-26-2008
I think people need to deal with these issues on a case-by-case basis. Not everyone is in the same situation and there isn't a "one size fits all" answer to this question. It depends on what you signed when you started working with your provider. Some providers omit holiday pay in their contract and then it becomes a problem later. Other times parents sign a contract saying they have no problem with it, and then come time to pay it suddenly becomes a problem. Still others providers (there's an example above) have providers who put something in their contract and then change it later to accommodate themselves (such as taking off x amount of weeks for surgery and asking for full time pay when they stated in their contract they wouldn't do that.) Whatever the situation is, I suggest you first try communicating with your provider/parent. And I can't stress enough that before you sign a contract READ IT and know that you understand it. Ask questions if you don't understand something completely and make sure you're both on the same page. If you don't agree to pay for holidays, find one that doesn't charge for holidays BEFORE you settle down with a provider. Don't sign up with one, complete the contract, and get your kids used to a particular provider and then rip them from one daycare to the next because the holidays came around and you don't want to pay for them.