View Single Post
GretasLittleFriends 01:51 PM 07-06-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
Personally, I would never had taken a child to a provider that was open more than 1 shift, as that means that provider never gets a break.

As far as a parent's schedule changing, of course as a provider, we have to be flexible to a point and charge accordingly.
I'm glad there are providers open 2+ shifts. I'd have never made in the world if I hadn't found one. I worked a 12 1/2 hour shift which meant that my kids were in daycare from 7am - 8pm, sometimes 9pm. If I hadn't found this woman I'd have ended up in the poor house due to not being able to keep my job. I loved her flexibility.

When I got out of that career line and opened my home to children, she was my inspiration. I wanted to help and cater to the parents like I used to be.

I AM open 24/7 oh about 355 days a year. Of course closed major holidays and a couple of personal days a year. The majority of my business is NOT m-f 7:30a - 5:30p. Actually there is one day a week that one of my children fall into that. Out of 7 days and 7 kids enrolled. They of course aren't here all at the same time. Some days none of them are here and they are never here all at the same time. I love it this way and wouldn't have it any other way.

All of my parents are very thankful to have found me and are appreciative that I keep the hours I do.