View Single Post
Chickenhauler 12:36 AM 07-26-2009
Originally Posted by mac60:
I do not want to pay extra car insurance expense to transport daycare children. I do not transport. Period. I already pay extra homeowners insurance for my business. Still, taking dc children to the store, etc. is not the same as taking your own children, you still are not having that personal family time. It it works for you, fine, it doesn't work for many of us. Just like others in other out of the home jobs.....everyone needs a break from their job, and I doubt that anyone can deny that. Not only that, but most of the families I have had, request that I do not transport kids anywhere. I personally don't want that responsibility.
Our daycare policy covers children being transported in vehicles "owned, leased or operated by the licensed daycare provider", so the insurance is not an issue.

If someone works odd hours (evenings, weekends, etc) and they get all stuffy about their child riding in a car, well, good luck, hope you find daycare, and best have deep pockets when you do.

I've just never treated or seen any difference between DC kids and my own....I play catch in the backyard with them, they have to abide by the same rules, eat the same meals at the same table, etc etc. There are many times we sit down and help with homework, school projects, etc.

If someone doesn't trust my judgment with their child in the car, I don't want their kid in my home, PERIOD.

I'm not saying we don't have our time off, quite the contrary....we have a couple days a week where there are no kids that arrive before lunch, and other days where there are no kids present after 2 or 3 pm, and at the moment, we have no kids on Sundays at all.

What I'm saying is, if you want to be successful, and generate the best revenue possible during times when people may be getting laid off, losing jobs, tightening budgets, etc and your income may be shrinking because of that, you may want to consider expanding your flexibility to make up for some lost income.