View Single Post
Former Teacher 04:00 AM 11-27-2009
[quote=jen;16177]What I have learned over the last eight years is this...the people who want the most, also want to pay the least. They are the most demanding, leave their children in care the longest, and sadly, thier kids are the most likely to act out and be disruptive.QUOTE]

I totally agree! Couldn't have said it better! Perfect example is, and I hope people don't take this the wrong way, is that the parents on "state aid" are the WORST. I had this one mother years ago who was SO disrespectful it's not even funny. For instance: she would literally throw me a bottle in my hand and DEMANDED "make me a bottle"...no please or thank you. This woman also had 3 kids (would have been 4 since her last child was a twin, she aborted one baby because she couldn't afford 4 kids but that's another story) and paid next to nothing for quality childcare. She isn't the only one I have encounted. There have been many throughout the years that were just as disrespectful.

As for your statement about leaving the child(ren) 11 plus hours a day, I also agree with that. I also believe that the younger the child is, the longer they are in care. I wish TX would change their law requiring that a child can not be in care longer than 12 hours a day. I wish it would go to 10 hours. Parents take advantage of that extra time. I have always said no child should ideally be in care longer than 11 hours. 1 hour to get to work, 8 hour day plus 1 hour for lunch, and 1 hour to get back. That is 11 hours. Another stupid law of TX licensing.

Anyway Jen as I said, I agree with your post!