View Single Post
HappyCamper 10:31 AM 12-30-2009
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I just called my daycare provider and although my kids are only going to be there for 2 days for the Thanksgiving holiday, they are going to charge me for the full week. This is a complete rip off! I understand that they need to pay their staff for their vacations and all, but they should factor this into the weekly tuition costs. I am already paying an arm and a leg for substandard care to began with.

Finding a better daycare is obsolete at this point. I am in Atlanta, GA, and they have horrible daycare centers in this area. My kids are at one of the better centers out of the 4 that I pulled them out of.
Why is it a rip-off to pay for a full week when your children will only be there two days? The mortgage or rent on the building has to be paid, as well as utilities, staff wages, etc. - REGARDLESS if your child is there or not. Is it really worth griping over a handfull of school closures per year?

As far as "factoring" holidays into tuition costs... Parents complain about paying $2.00 to $3.00 per hour as it is. I can only imagine your reaction if you were told your tuition rates were to increase to $4.00 per hour to cover Federal Holidays closures. It sounds good "in theory" but I'm guessing you wouldn't think it was such a grand idea if it were to happen.