View Single Post
Carole's Daycare 01:19 PM 01-27-2010
Originally Posted by Chickenhauler:
I can't agree more-not only expecting everything, but abusing the system to boot!

Example-one family is alloted XX hours of county paid care per week.....they took the day off from work, dumped the kids at DC, and went deer hunting.

I allowed myself to get convinced to work a half day this year on Christmas Eve- I had two moms who said they had to work etc, and tried to be nice. I needed to close at noon because we had put my great grandpa (86) in the assisted living home after falling in the snow and having a close call with hypothermia days earlier, and I promised I'd cook him a turkey dinner and bring it, and my mother in laws ceiling had collapsed in her kitchen while she was at the VA hospital w/ her husband due to a leaky water heater upstairs. Needless to say, I had my hands full taking care of everyone's issues and needed to be done on time. Noon rolled around & 1 family of two still wasnt picked up- the food was ready to go to grandpas and nobody would answer the phone. Two hours later with Grandpas dinner ruined a very happy dad showed up after a great day of ice fishing. Mom had to work, dad just didnt even want to spend a holiday with his kids so multiplied my stress instead. I'll never have the same trust or respect for those parents- because she lied & misled to give him the day off, and he is one who consistently complains about me getting paid holidays, although he gets holidays, sick days etc.

Grrrr