View Single Post
Abigail 09:48 PM 01-01-2013
I see this thread was originally from awhile ago, but I also agree simple is best.

I'm required to give out two forms per child which are "Parents Statement on Health" and "Child Information Sheet". These two forms cover many little basics so it eliminates me having to create questions about the child's background and automatically has in the legal documents information about medical treatment and ambulances, etc. SO NICE the state has these required forms!

So those two 1 and 2 sided forms, plus my 2 sided contract, my 3 pages front/back handbook, and my food program enrollment. That makes "5" items and I get all back signed except the handbook is for them to keep.

I do have "seasonal" or "per occurance" forms but I do not give those out until it's needed. That includes sunscreen, bugspray, or any over-the-counter or prescribed medications which is also used for topical creams like butt paste. When I need it, the parents just sign it. No need to send home extra stuff. Each year I give out a specific page just for closed holidays, but the closed holidays are automatically listed in their contract. The contract is for each year so I don't print specific dates just the actual name of the holiday.

If anyone has a VERY detailed, yet easy to read form on permission to share photos and photograph please send it to me! I want to create one because parents are asking for photos of the group and I need something in writing not verbal. I've done verbal agreements at each enrollment to take a picture of their child and I send them home monthly but it's only of their child. I do not use the internet to post any either. So if you have something please pm me and share if you'd like! THANKS