View Single Post
MarinaVanessa 07:10 AM 04-03-2014
Originally Posted by MotherNature:
Most of my friends swear by them..it's a crunchy thing and all. But, scientifically, I don't know how they would work. I think it's a placebo effect. Succinic acid is found in amber, and that is what is supposed to help calm and help w/ pain. However, for succinic acid to be able to leach out, it needs to be heated to a point beyond what touching human skin is able to provide. They're pretty on, though.
Originally I was a sceptic too until I tried it on my own son. For me it was a day and night difference. I don't know how it works, I only know that when he wears it he's less fussy. He doesn't cry as much or chew on stuff as much or with as much fervor. And about the whole placebo thing, well I don't know how my 8mo knows what the necklace is supposed to do in order for there to be a placebo effect. If you're talking about the placebo effect happening to us parents (we put the necklace on and think that the child is magically better well I just don't know. I do know that when I don't put it on my son drools to the point where he gets a rash on his chin and neck and when I do put it on it's considerably less and if worn everyday the rash goes away. Like I said, I don't know how it works, only that from what I can see .. it does. And like I said trust me, i was a sceptic, big time.