View Single Post
permanentvacation 05:29 PM 12-16-2014
I have shown the parents what the Food Program recommends for the child's age. I have researched and told the parents how much of what foods he should eat at each meal. They just won't give me what I say he needs. They completely disagree with me and believe they are providing enough food. They keep acting like I don't know what I'm doing as far as knowing how to feed babies. They are losing their confidence in my ability to be the right daycare provider for their child. I've been a licensed daycare provider longer than either parent has been alive! I think I know my job and understand babies' cues by now. But the parents believe that they are right and I'm wrong.

I know they put him in his bedroom in his crib for naps and they say he takes longer naps then he does here. So I have told them a few times that since he's awake here more than at home, it makes sense that he's hungrier here more than at home. They don't care. They just want him to be fed according to the feeding schedule they have decided he should be on.

I 'require' that if the parent provides the formula, they give me a brand new can of formula that can stay here if I need to give the child an extra bottle. They used to do that until they changed formulas. Then they wanted their spare can of formula back and told me they changed his formula because he was spitting up so much. But they won't give me a new spare can of formula and won't tell me what type of formula he's on. So I can't sneak and buy him a can of formula for here.

I have argued with the parents about this so much that I really am afraid to tell them again that I believe he needs more food than they think he does out of fear of losing him. I only have 2 kids! I can't afford to lose half of my income.