View Single Post
permanentvacation 07:22 PM 12-16-2014
I am allowing them to break policy simply because I only have two kids and can't afford to lose half of my income. They provide what they, as his parents, believe is enough for him. And, they are right, at his age, he should be eating every 4 hours. But he should be eating more food at each meal.

Like I said earlier, if I kick them out, I'm sure the next person who watches him will feed him according to their schedule anyway. At least I know I know that I am defying the parents and often feeding him every 3 hours to keep him from being so hungry. But he really needs more food, such as cereal to fill him up. He probably also needs to be on the next 'stage' of food which would also fill him up more. And he needs to eat everything at once to fill him up at one sitting. I am also arguing with the parents about them not providing enough food for him and trying to get them to provide more. Some providers would just put him in a playpen in the other room and let him cry until his next scheduled feeding time. At least here, I know that I disagree with the parents, care enough to voice my opinion to them, care enough to defy their wishes as much as I can for the time being, and am looking into how to change his feeding schedule and/or the amount/types of food at each feeding to what I believe the baby needs rather than what the parents want him to be on even though they are not here during the day to see that he truly is hungrier than they think he should be.

By him staying here, I am 'in his corner' and am actively working to get him what he needs. If he goes somewhere else, they might not do that for him.