Thread: Influenza A
View Single Post
amberrose3dg 11:13 AM 01-30-2018
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I just was informed that one of my 2 year olds has Influenza A! Are any of using different sick policies or changing them, based on how bad the flu season is this year? My own kids and husband had it over Christmas and into the New Year. Between all of them, it was in our house for 3 weeks. While my family was dealing with it, I let families know each morning who was home sick. I also told them that if they chose to keep their child/ren home, I would not charge them. I usually don't offer this, but figured since it was going on so long and had already been an awful flu season, I would give this as a choice. Some parents chose this option and others continued to bring their children.
I know this is not my problem, but I am also concerned about the fact that one of my little ones has a newborn(one week old) sibling at home.
I know this 2 year old already exposed everyone here yesterday, but would you exclude until all or at least most symptoms are gone?
When do the parents think they can bring the child back. Me personally I would tell them the child needs to be out probably a week. The flu is nasty this year. Kids have died when they were "better". My cousin's 11 year old son had a seizure when he was over the fever portion. You need to do what makes the best sense for you. Do not let the parents bully you into taking a child back that is not ready.