Thread: Confidentiality
View Single Post
ConcernedMotherof2 11:20 AM 04-15-2009
As a parent, I believe that SOME sort of explaination was due to this mother. If I were in this situation, I would not have taken my children back to this daycare. PERIOD.

There would be no need to give out confidential information in order to give an explaination to a parent. All that need be said is that a person (a child, a worker, a family member, the specifics are not necessary) was hurt or had an incident or SOMETHING. To completely refuse to give ANY information gives me the impression that they were at fault or negligent in some way. Children DO get abused and neglected at daycare... it's sad and nobody wants to think of it happening, but as a parent, this is what we are concerned about. Not only that, but this poor child was under the impression that there was a dead body at daycare. Why not give the mother a little bit of information so that she could explain it to the child at home and deal with any emotional issues?

This forum is making me a little ill--it really seems like it's parents against providers.