Thread: Confidentiality
View Single Post
lilbiddapopcorn 02:43 AM 04-17-2009
First - it's easy to misinterpret someone's "attitude" on chat board. You can't hear tones, there's no voice, no real contact. Providers and parents alike can seem to have "attitude" without actually intending to send that vibe.

Second - Personally, I can see where she'd be concerned (like i've said) but I responded the way I did because I know I am only getting one side of the story. And i'm not saying the orginal poster was lying i'm saying she may have a completely different perspective of what happened at the daycare. Maybe what she thought was harmless inquiries about what happened came across as aggressive to the providers or maybe the teachers didn't know how to respond to her and she took it as them hiding something. How overwhelmed would a teacher be if another teacher dropped dead in front of them and then they had a hoard of parents on them?! Providers are only human, they probably had a devastating day that day and didn't know how to react. And there might be more than just this incident that led to her child being dropped from the daycare. I'M NOT SAYING THIS TO BE RUDE, i'm just saying there is probably much more to this story than we know but as it is, the director is most likely obligated to keep the medical information confidential. And like Ms. Sue said there will most likely be notification to the parents about what happened.

And finally - The original post was about confidentiality. And peepers, you have used it to talk about child abuse in a daycare that by my count you have already posted warnings about in 4 seperate posts in this and other discussions. It's starting to sound more and more like a personal problem you have with the daycare than it is an actual founded complaint.