View Single Post
PitterPatter 08:42 AM 12-08-2011
1st of all I think it's wonderful to post about sharing and giving. I am all for giving but I know for a fact some people take all they can from as many organizations as they can then keep their money for themselves while everyone else pays for the bills and food. I do hand out when I can but I much rather give the product needed. I have packed bags from my own pantry for daycare families, I have purchased clothing and shoes etc but I will not hand them money because honestly I don't trust some of the parents. I know a couple were using drugs and even selling food stamps to do so. Even offered them to me for 1/2 cost . Its so sad that these days ya cant trust who really needs it.

I have a family in care right now that stood here this week and bragged about getting away with not reporting all income and getting Christmas assitance. She admitted even if you are approved you are only permitted to get Christmas gifts from 1 source yet she somehow managed to double up and get bags and bags of gifts from 2 different sources. She says now she doesn't have to buy the kids gifts they did it for her. Ingrates with no sense of decency or morals.

I'm sorry I sound against I am not against giving help. BUT how do we know who really needs it. I know for a fact the charities dont check on the income reported. They trust and have faith that people will tell the truth. Sad that's an old dying tradition, honesty.

I am thinking about taking my son down to the homeless shelter and donating right there on Christmas day. Surely anyone who is there to eat on Christmas day is honestly in need. The ones who are mooching just so they can spend their own money on cigaretts, beer and drugs, will be too busy relaxing at home.