View Single Post
Sugar Magnolia 05:20 PM 02-13-2013
I support Obama, and my personal and business taxes have gone down during his administration. My property values have gone up. My unemployed nephew has gotten a good job. I am looking forward to pursuing health insurance soon. So no complaints here about our President. I too did want to hear more about immigration, unemployment and bringing manufacturing back to the US.

Now.....on to the topic at hand:

I happily accept state subsidized childcare vouchers, and my state allows (encourages us, actually) to charge subsidy parents the difference between my published rate and their rate. In other words, accepting subsidy does not hurt my bottom line, and actually brings me joy to know I am helping someone by accepting it. My place is quite pricey, most
(if not all) of other pricey places refuse subsidy.

I do not like the current free preschool for 4 year olds, and I do not support it for 3 yeaoldsYes, it hurts my business. However, if I can figure out a way to participate without it meaning a pay-cut, I WILL! When the market changes, I feel it is my.duty to adapt, or be left behind. I don't count on any politician to make the right decisions. I count on myself. I don't want to be the Blackberry of the child care industry, I want to be the Iphone.

I don't think this happen on a federal level. It might on a state level. But I doubt it. So until it does, I am not going to get my panties in a wad over it, I got bigger things to worry about.